Mental Health First Aid (MHFA) – face-to-face
MHFA trains participants to have the awareness and knowledge to spot the signs of mental health issues and the confidence and tools to approach someone in distress and support them.
Participants will gain:
- In depth understanding of mental health and the factors that can affect wellbeing.
- Practical skills to spot the triggers and signs of a range of mental health issues.
- Confidence to step in, reassure, and support a person in distress using the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
- Enhanced interpersonal skills, for example non-judgemental listening.
- Knowledge to help someone recover their health by guiding them to further support – whether through self-help resources, internal support, or external sources such as their Doctor.
- Participants will understanding how to keep themselves safe while performing their duties or helping others.
- Participants also receive a quick reference card for the Mental Health First Aid action plan.
Learning takes place through:
- Group discussions
Each session is built around a Mental Health First Aid action plan. We limit numbers to 16 people per course so that the instructor can keep people safe and supported while they learn.
Following the course
Participants will be qualified Mental Health First Aiders. As such, you will receive:
- A manual to refer to whenever you need it
- A workbook including a helpful toolkit to support your own mental health
- A certificate of attendance to say you are a Mental Health First Aider
- A copy of the Line Managers’ Resource, an invaluable source of advice on how to support an employee experiencing mental ill-health
Further information, pricing & availability
Please contact us to discuss how our training can best help you and to find out more about this and other courses.
Testimonials & feedback
Enjoyed the course, it was a real eye opener and the trainer was amazing and clearly passionate about the subject matter. She was able to add lots of additional information.MHFA participant
A professional and well thought out workshop. There were lots of opportunities to share our own personal experiences but at no point did I feel pressured to. I feel comfortable about approaching someone if I’m worried about them now.MHFA Participant
I really appreciated the trainer’s enthusiasm for the subject. They were incredibly open at sharing their own experiences and applying the content to real-life situations. Thank you.MHFA Participant