This session builds skills for those who already have some basic understanding of suicide prevention. The main aims are to increase ability to notice indications that someone may be thinking about suicide and to provide confidence to ask directly about suicide.
- Brief recap of statistics around suicide.
- Brief recap of myths around suicide.
- Communication skills.
- An exploration of the signs we can look out for that can indicate someone may be having thoughts of suicide.
- Asking about suicide.
- How do we safely and sensitively respond to suicide?
- The support available for them and you.
- The whys and hows of self-care.
Participants will learn through:
- Mini lectures
- Group discussion
- Case study
Following the course
Participants will have an increased alertness to the signs and signals persons thinking about suicide can give, plus a greater confidence in responding to them and connecting someone in need to support.
Further information, pricing & availability
Please contact us to discuss how our training can best help you and to find out more about this and other courses.
Testimonials & feedback
I found this to provide a really thorough understanding of what I can look out for in my colleagues and why it’s ok to ask about suicideSuicide Alert Participant
Really informative. Delivered sensitively and professionally, thank youSuicide Alert Participant
The myths and facts were enlightening. I didn’t realise thoughts of suicide were so common, I know now not to dismiss this if I am concerned about someoneSuicide Alert Participant