The ASK Workshop
Assessing Suicide in Kids aged 5-14
Content is delivered across two consecutive days of 4.5 hours per day
This workshop is for professionals working with children and young people aged 5-14 years old. The ASK Workshop is completed in one day.
The ASK Workshop is the only suicide prevention workshop that specifically addresses suicide risk in children. Participants learn:
- How to talk about death with children.
- How to talk about suicide with children.
- Developmentally appropriate strategies and tools to identify children at risk of suicide.
- How to quickly gather and organise details needed to assess risk.
- How to explore and consider protective factors to inform safety planning.
Following the course
Participants will have an increased understanding and alertness to the fact that children can be at risk of suicide. They will know what to look out for and feel confident approaching the subject of death and suicide with a child.
- A risk assessment tool
- A quick reference tool
- A certificate
Further information, pricing & availability
Please contact us to discuss how our training can best help you and to find out more about this and other courses.
Testimonials & feedback
Well presented, good resources, great lunch, need to do asistASK workshop Participant
Very useful and informative. good mix of theory, interaction within whole group and small groupASK workshop Participant
Excellent content and delivery. This workshop has given me an insight to assist and strengthen my practiceASK workshop Participant