Responding to Suicide in the Workplace
This course is designed for Line Managers and HR Managers.
- Why do we need to be alert to signs of distress in the workplace?
- How do we Identify employees at risk of suicide?
- How do we respond to a disclosure of thoughts of suicide?
- How do we respond to suicide behaviour within the workplace?
- How do support a member of staff with thoughts of suicide, within and outside of work?
- Responding to the suicide of an employee.
- How do we look after ourselves?
Participants will learn through:
- Mini lectures
- Group discussion
- Case study
Following the course
Participants will have a greater understanding of:
- Why we need to be alert to suicide.
- What to look out for amongst employees
- How to ask about suicide
- How to help
- Legal obligations as employers
- Practical steps to support someone as their manager or colleague
- How to manage the devastating event of a suicide of an employee, both if this occurs at work or outside
- How to look after their own mental health whilst supporting others
Further information, pricing & availability
Please contact us to discuss how our training can best help you and to find out more about this and other courses.
Testimonials & Ffeedback
I wasn’t sure what to expect from the workshop, but there were so many scenarios I’d never thought to even consider, or perhaps was too scared to. I’m so glad we had this workshop before being aware of an employee with thoughts of suicide, or even killing themselves, because i really don’t know what i would have done, and thanks to this workshop and Alice, now I do. Thank you.Responding to Suicide in the Workplace Participant
The scenarios were really helpful at helping me to think about how I would apply the theory to a situation. It really helped prepare me. Thanks.Responding to Suicide in the Workplace Participant
Before the training I didn’t really want to come. As a Manager I didn’t realise how I could support someone in my team if they were having suicidal thoughts. I understand now how I could spot signs of suicide and that it’s ok for me to ask and check them out rather than just passing them onto someone else.Responding to Suicide in the Workplace Participant